Spotify is, without any doubt, the largest of all the music sharing apps in the world, with more than 140 million active users. Some of those users pay a monthly subscription fee of $9.99 to get access to all the music they could possibly want, without any ads and without having to download the tracks before they can play them. Others have taken advantage of the free version but it doesn’t offer quite so much. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to justify the subscription cost and this is why Spotify++ was developed.
Image : Spotify Plus Download Tutorial
Spotify++ is a modified version of the app and it gives you all the premium features, plus more, for nothing. And you don’t need to install a jailbreak either so before you head off to download it, let’s look at what Spotify++ offers:
Spotify++ Features :
- No need to jailbreak
- Spotify++ is ad-free
- Skip as many tracks as you want
- Unlimited track scrubbing
- The very best in sound streaming
How to Download Spotify++ App :
Spotify++ isn’t quite so simple to download as an app from the app store is and you will need to download Cyrus Installer first. This is an app installer that makes it easy for you to download many different apps. Here’s how to do it.
There are two method to download Spotify++ app. Both the methods are explained below .
Method 1 : Cyrus Installer App [ No Computer Required ]
- Download Cyrus Installer , full details can be found at the linked post
- Open Cyrus Installer and go to the Search feature
- Type in Spotify++ and, when the results come up, tap on the right one
- Follow any instructions on the screen to download Spotify++
- When the installation has finished, you can start to enjoy all the premium Spotify features.
Method 2 : Cydia Impactor App [ using IPA File ]
Spotify++ is not available in the iOS app store because it won’t get through the security checks that Apple has in place. However, it is safe, and you can download it using Cydia Impactor. You will need your Apple ID to hand but you can set up a second dummy account if you don’t want to use your regular ID with Cydia Impactor .
Before you start, make sure iTunes is up to date. Open iTunes and click on Help > Check for Update. If there is one, follow the instructions in iTunes to update.
- Plug your device into your computer and, if iTunes opens, close it
- Download the IPA for Spotify++ to your computer [ File ]
- Next, download Cydia Impactor [ext link ] onto your computer
- Open Cydia Impactor
- Extract the files from the Spotify IPA and drag the .ipa file to Cydia Impactor; drop it in
- Type your Apple ID and password in and then wait while the file is signed by Cydia Impactor.
- Next, on your iOS device, open Settings > General > Profile and Device Management
- Find the app profile and click it
- Tap on Trust and close Settings
- You can now use Spotify++ with all the premium features on your iPhone or iPad.
Spotify++ is an excellent way of getting all the premium Spotify features without having to pay for them and without having to jailbreak first. It used to be that Cydia would be the only place to get tweaked apps but with the lack of jailbreaks in evidence these days, more and more app installers like Cyrus are being released. While they can never take the place of Cydia completely, they can at least give is something to use.
Are you going to try downloading Spotify++ ? Tell us if you do and what your thoughts are on it or are you happy to wait and see if any more jailbreaks are released first? For more tips, tutorials like this one, and the latest jailbreak news, you can follow us on Facebook.